September 26, 2005
It is absolutely amazing how our God was able to create this entire world and everything in it, in the space of 6 days! How I would have loved to watch Him at work during those days! I get a thrill out of watching someone create something beautiful on a canvas with a couple of different colors of paint and a brush, I can’t even begin to imagine how amazing it must have been when this world was created!!! Very cool!
Today I swam in the ocean, tasted genuine salt water, felt sand under my feet and experienced picking my very first seashell off a real beach! There is really nothing to compare it with. I felt as though I was discovering something unknown, something I never knew existed, and it was such an amazing feeling! My nieces and nephews enjoyed it all very much, but I think I might have liked it even more!
Yesterday, we arrived at this very nice campground about 2 miles from Cavendish Beach PEI. Nearly as soon as we arrived B and I took off to explore the Island on foot. We walked through fields of dandelions, saw L. M. Montgomery’s gravestone (what a thrill... not. haha!), and managed to find our way to the sea. It was so fun! There is something about being close enough to be able to reach out and touch something so huge and seemingly endless that is so unreal and amazing.
This time I have had away from home and away from everyday life has taught me so many things, but the biggest one I think is how important it really is to stop, breathe, relax, and know that life isn’t about what’s going to happen next, what fun thing I need to be planning for tomorrow or what I can find to entertain myself with right now, but it’s about how I can serve God better in my normal everyday life, in any area that needs it. This is going to be tough to accomplish, but it’s important that it’s done. I wasn’t put here on earth to have fun and see what great thing I can find to do next. My life should be about serving others and God in any area there is a need or that He calls me to. I will trust him to lead me where he wants me.
No comments:
Post a Comment