Monday, October 16, 2006

Pretty World


The beauty of the different seasons is awesome! Only a few months ago I could look out the window and find frost covered trees and snowy fields gleaming in the sunlight, then it seemed that over night all of the snow melted and little sprouts of green grass started to appear and tiny little leaves were forming on the trees, within a month there were violets smiling up at me as I walked by the flower gardens and soon there were flowers of all different types surrounding them, thriving on the happiness of the day as though they didn't have a care in the world. Fall arrived soon after and with it came cold nights and gorgeous, colorful, leaves. The ground begin to harden with the cold and the green grass turned to brown, the big fields of sunflowers resembling corpses rather then the bright lively things they once were, and yet even now with muted browns covering the earth there is amasing beauty remaining throughout it all. The sky is brighter and bluer than ever, and when the sun sets the colors are magnificent contrasting against the stark brown valley just beyond our fields, there are no sunsets like these cold sunsets just as there is nothing comparable to a steaming cup of hot chocolate in a cozy house while the world freezes around us. Today I looked outside I watched as a pretty mist settled all around like a blanket adding a feeling of serenity to the air. I can't begin to understand how God has created these beautiful seasons for us to enjoy, but He has and I am so thankful for them! There is always something to look forward to as each season comes and goes. God is so cool!

No comments: